Head of Digital
The purpose of this role is to provide strong leadership to the consumer driven digital and social media team with a view to further establishing and growing the business. This includes providing direction and guidance to a mixture of social media, search and design/creative employees; interacting with clients and account managers; supporting new business development and acting as a key leader within the overall LEWIS Paris office.
The role has P&L responsibility. It is responsible for revenues and account retention and development, as well as driving strategy for campaigns and managing the team to ensure successful implementation. Whilst being primarily a strategic role, the Head of Digital will retain a hands-on and client-facing approach in terms of the tactical execution of projects and organising the team, which will include project management of external vendors, freelancers and service providers. Specifics of the role
- Develop the LEWIS Paris business plan and work with the General Manager to set commercial goals for the coming quarters, with a focus on building retainer revenue and growing (consumer) client relationships in the digital, creative and social media space
- Develop strong relationships with existing agency clients within LEWIS; provide added value strategic consultancy and initiatives for retention and organic growth clients; present non-PR services and LEWIS’ value, benefits and capabilities to PR-only clients
- Support cross selling including ongoing project work in social media, design and search; act as a key resource and foster integration with the B2B LEWIS account teams
- Manage the LEWIS Paris digital and consumer team, including hiring and training of additional employees in social media, search and creative/design execution
- Ensure premium client service and delivery of results, striving to be a centre of excellence for strategy, ideas and execution
- Oversee agency and client contractual agreements and work with the General Manager and finance to manage commercial insight and profitability for digital revenues
- Plan, direct and drive marketing and new business activity for your team, including identifying prospects, leading credentials and participating in new business pitches
- Cascade clients to the PR teams, both locally and globally, and support integration of PR and digital projects and retainers
- Refine the methodologies in social media measurement and reporting of ROI
- Lead on best practice and thought leadership in social media, search and digital marketing, presenting the strategic face of the agency to external audiences through speaker opportunities, media interviews, etc.
- Be a collaborative member of the LEWIS leadership team, partnering with HR and Talent on developmental and performance issues
- Be a collaborative member of the EMEA management team, contributing to HQ strategies and initiatives and to the profitable running of the Paris office
With expertise in all things digital with an emphasis on social media, you are highly commercial and have long-term strategic vision. You have run a consumer led social media or digital team, driving growth and delivering excellence with demonstrable ability.
You have an impressive track record of winning and developing significant new clients and contributing to the retention and organic growth of existing accounts.
Passionate about what you do, assertive, articulate and influential, you are an outstanding leader with the skills and aptitude to structure, organise, develop and motivate a team at all levels. You thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Ideally (but not necessarily), you will have knowledge of traditional PR, the tech sector and of working with international clients/in an international environment.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.