We are an entrepreneurial integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in twenty years. We have entered the world’s top 30 agencies and have ambition to break the top ten by 2020. We have over 25 offices, 600 employees and revenues of $65m and rising. Our success is due to a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions and is reflected in being named PRCA’s International Agency of the Year for 2015.
Central to our growth has been our policy of reinvestment, with the majority of profits returning to the company to propel development, including our Rise training Academy. We are the fourth fastest growing agency in the global top 50. What makes us different is that, not only are we independent, but we are 100% employee-owned.
As we rapidly scale the business, our challenge is not to lose any of our character. We must establish a clear and visible brand in the marketplace. We must be seen as entrepreneurial, agile, creative, credible and professional. We believe that we are on the cusp of something truly remarkable in our industry.
Purpose of the role
The Digital Designer works across campaigns to deliver digital design, from concept to production to account management. A visual enthusiast, you have an incredible aptitude for beautiful design, a passion for technology, and a sophisticated sense of how digital marketing achieves business results
As a Digital Designer, you will be responsible for development, production, and client communications for a wide variety of digital projects including: websites, microsites, mobile apps, digital advertising, infographics, presentations, social share images and other digital marketing materials. You will blend advertising, direct, experiential, digital and promotional visual design tactics across our client roster to create successful commercial creative solutions.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Develop creative design concepts that align to business goals
- Excellent working knowledge of the full Adobe Creative Suite
- Create digital media a range of design techniques from illustration to vector art to video production.
- Apply basic art theory to create interesting visuals with color, imagery, typography, and layout
- Understand the synergy between written copy and visual graphics
- Review and proof all artwork thoroughly for errors
- Organize and maintain a clear file organization and output
- Source and manage stock photography media buys
- Understand and stay up to date on digital media standards and dimensions
- Understand and adhere to client brand and industry guidelines
- Pitch digital design strategies to the client and identify opportunities for additional projects or campaigns
- Present and communicate design concepts to the client
- Respond and follow through on requests in a timely manner
- Incorporate client requests and changes into the final design product
- Work with colleagues to manage client expectations and determine the scope of the project, timeline, and necessary resources
- Assist colleagues in managing any additional outsourcing of design tasks to global teams or contract designers
- Track time spent on each task and project
- Proactively educate team on latest design basics and standards
- Mentor and manage design-oriented interns
- Assist in the research and implementation of new design tools
- Keep track of successful design case studies and share them with the global PULSE team
- Produce internal design materials and projects such as presentations, white papers, and marketing materials
- 1-2 years of digital design experience at an agency or internally.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably with a Graphic Design, Visual Design, Fine Arts, Marketing, or related field)
- At least one digital media internship
- Excellent technical knowledge of Creative Suite
- Strong online design portfolio
- Excellent design skills
- High attention to detail and organization
- Excellent technical knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- HTML, CSS required; Flash, After Effects, Video editing preferred
- Ability to independently prioritize and juggle multiple projects and deadlines
- Understanding of digital marketing, and the role of design in digital media
- Excellent ability to pitch and present new ideas to clients
- Calmness under pressure and ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Creative thinking and independent problem solving
- Passionate about staying knowledgeable on latest design trends
- Polished and professional appearance
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.